Special Educational Needs/Disability
From time to time some children will need additional or alternative support to help them access the school curriculum.
Our Inclusion Leader monitors the progress of all children with special educational needs, oversees the work of the Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) and advises the class teachers. Occasionally the Inclusion Leader may consult/refer children for specialist help and advice, including Learning and Language Support (LLS), Behaviour Support (BS) and Educational Psychologists (EP).
For additional information please refer to our SEND Information Report (below).
St Lawrence Primary School Provision Map
- Cognition and learning
- Speech, Language and Communication
- Social, mental and emotional health
- Sensory and physical
- Wave 1 Provision (Quality First Teaching) is the provision that is universal for all students. The majority of students needs will be met through this provision. This provision includes high quality teaching and learning.
- Wave 2 (Targeted) Provision is additional, time-limited provision, normally in the form of small-group interventions to accelerate progress and enable students to work at age-related expectations. Wave 2 interventions are not primarily for students with SEND and students do not have to be on the Code of Practice in order to access these. These provisions will be put in place following careful analysis of progress data and/or teacher identification.
- Wave 3 (Personalised) Provision is specific, targeted interventions for students with SEND who are identified as requiring additional support. This will be put in place when Quality First Teaching and Targeted Provision are not, on their own, enabling the student to make appropriate progress. This will involve provision such as focused teaching activities that tackle fundamental errors and misconceptions and enable the student to make further progress. As with Wave 2 interventions, students will be identified following analysis of progress data and/or teacher identification.
Inclusion Leader Contact Details:
SEN Administrator: Natalie Whetstone